Because of the generosity of the many hospice supporters and contributors, the Foundation for End of Life Care has worked since 1999 toward easing the financial burdens which one’s terminal illness can create for patients and their families. These grants have helped pay the general monthly living expenses such as rent/mortgage, utility bills, clothing & food for many hospice patients.
Funding for special needs/general living expenses beyond what a hospice would normally provide is available to all hospice patients who qualify under the guidelines.
Click here to download the special needs request forms.
GRANT REQUESTS NEED TO ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING PROCESSES:
1) A member of the interdisciplinary team, traditionally the hospice programs’ social worker, generates the request for funding an extraordinary need.
2) The form must be signed by (no exceptions):
- the program’s individual initiating the request,
- the program’s Team Manager, and
- Senior Staff member/Team Manager/Patient Care Administrator
3) Completion of the (1) Extraordinary Needs Grant Request Form and the (2) Financial Assessment Worksheets is a requirement to finalize the request process. Please email scan your request to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the unpaid invoice requesting to be paid clearly showing a contact number for the vendor, mailing address, and amount due.
4) The request will be reviewed and the individual making the request will be advised of the results.
5) If approved, a check will be issued to the vendor or service provider. Checks are never issued to the patient/family or hospice program/staff member. Payment will be sent by regular mail to the vendor unless the need is time sensitive.